May Guest Designer - Therese Calvird

 

Happy Friday!  We're so excited to be welcoming Therese Calvird as our guest designer this month.  Therese has a sophisticated CAS style that is both whimsical and refined, and she makes a mean one layer card.  We're thrilled to have her with us this month and we think you are going to love what she's created.  Here's Therese:

Hi, it’s Therese Calvird and I am beyond excited to be here at Neat & Tangled as a Guest Designer. I have been creating cards for about 15 years and love to make many different styles of cards as well as try out new techniques, but if I was pushed, I would have to say that I probably love to stamp and colour the best.

Today I decided to create a video to show you a fun way to ‘Stretch those Stamps’ and the Calathea stamp set was the perfect choice to create my own custom background.



I decided to make two cards and thought it would be fun to have a ‘boy’ and a ‘girl’ version using these fabulous pirates from Yo Ho Ho.



I coloured the images with Copic markers and used the Awesome die to build my sentiment for the boy card.



And the Good Vibes stamp set was the perfect choice for the sentiment on the girl’s card. And I just loved adding the gold sequins from the Peacock Feathers sequin mix to look like some coins were falling out of her treasure chest.



Here is my video showing you how I created both cards.


I look forward to seeing you again next week, where I have another video and a couple more cards to share. Thanks for stopping by!

5 comments

Back to Top