Introducing our July Guest Designer - Lexa Levana



We're excited to be introducing this month's guest designer, Lexa Levana.  Lexa's sweet cards are going to have you smiling all month.  She's a wonderful colorer and creates the sweetest scenes/vignettes on her cards.  Here's a little more about her:

Hello everyone! Let me introduce myself first, you can call me Lexa. I live in Bandung, Indonesia. I always love all things related to arts and colors as long as I can remember. I ended up took architecture as my major on university but after I got married and had my first born I quit my job as an architect. Staying at home (almost) everyday as a mom is not an easy task to do. I needed to channel my passion in art somewhere else, that's how I start cardmaking. Two years before that I had started scrapbooking as a hobby, but now I'm so engaged in watercoloring and making cards. This me time keeps me sane from hectic housework if you what I mean. ;)

Today Lexa is sharing a couple of cards featuring our Prehistoric set.  We're loving how she combined elements from older sets to complete these.  Take a look:

 
Hello crafty friends! I hope you guys are doing great today. Lexa here today and I received a huge opportunity to be a guest design for Neat & Tangled. Yay! I've been their fans for a while, so when I got an email few months ago about this..I was going crazy. Haha. I'm so thrilled and honored to take part on this. So, thank you so much for having me this month. :)

I always love dinosaurs. When I first saw all the adorable images from Prehistoric stamp set...I'm in love! So I decided to use all the images and seperate them on two cards. On my first card I use watercolor patterned papers for the background. I like how versatile this stamp set is, I make a baby card for the first one by combining the sentiment from Itty Bitty Welcoming Committee.



Momma dinosaur has two babies, one who's hanging around her neck and other one is just hatched. How cute is that! I also add googly eyes for extra fun. And don't forget to add some pretty sequins. I think the watercolor background match well with all the watercolored images. The trees are there to complete the scene, they are from Lumberjack Love.



I created a birthday card for the second one, the main images still come from Prehistoric stamp set but the 'celebrate' sentiment is from the older stamp set called Celebrate. I white embossed the sentiment and then blend some Distress Inks in Peacock Feather, Squeezed Lemonade and Wild Honey then flicked some water on the background to create some faded spots. Don't you think the bold words match the one in a speech bubble pretty well?

I really enjoy watercoloring all the cute images, it makes me happy. I also add a party hat to match the birthday theme on this one. It comes from Big Top Birthday, the size is perfect for this little girl. I use yellow Nuvo Drops for the enamels to add some textures and dimensions.



I hope you like my cards for today and thank you so much for stopping by today. I'll see you next week...have an amazing day!

3 comments

Back to Top